Friday, April 27, 2012

X X-tremely HAPPY

Any creative endeavor has it's highs and lows. No one is ever "on" all the time. (If you are that one person, I don't like you and I don't believe you! :)) The important part is to keep going, because those genius moments are what we thrive on.

Sometimes when I'm shooting a portrait session or even a wedding, I just can't seem to do anything cool. I mean, the photos are okay. They are sale worthy. The client will probably be happy with them. I mean, I know my craft. I know my settings, I know how to use the light in the appropriate way for the situation. But as the artist, I'm looking for that image that makes me say, "Oh yes, I nailed it." When it finally comes, that one image is worth the whole days worth of work. I've begun to learn that when I have that "feeling" the client will probably have it too when they see it. I LOVE that. Often it's not even about just me, the client might have given their partner "that look". A private look, that says "I love you" and I've captured it in a split second. Or a mother closes her eyes in bliss as her child wraps their hands around her neck. I could cry thinking about it. (For what it's worth, I have never shot a wedding where I didn't cry at LEAST once.)



The same goes for my writing. Some scenes I'm just going through the motions. I know what needs to happen and I know it needs to move the story forward and into the next scene. BUT, sometimes I'm writing and the words are flowing down my arms, through my fingers and pounding out perfection onto the screen. I smile as I type. Sometimes I laugh out loud. Sometimes I cry.

These are the moments that make me keep writing. I think to myself "someone should read this!!!!". I'm not saying the sentences have a perfect grammatical structure. (I'm NEVER that good.) But I feel darn good about where the scene is going. These are the same moments where the characters reveal something to you that you might not have seen coming. My characters are the ones having those moments that I seem to have "captured".

I know you all have these moments. Everyone does.

Point being...I JUST HAD ONE. A big one, and I'm smiling as I type this. Oh, and I ran today. It's a good day already!! :)

Happy Friday, Peeps!! :)

 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs