Friday, April 20, 2012

R Romance

I'm sorry, I can't help it. It is rare for me to want to read a book where there isn't at least an inkling of romance in it. I'm not ashamed of it. It is also rare to find a book without an inkling of romance in it. I know they exist, but I'm hard pressed to come up with one. (Picture/children books not included!!)

Let's be honest, attraction to another person is what makes the world go around. It's that simple. We've all heard the quotes about how if it weren't for men's obsession with women, the world would not have flourished. Can't you just imagine a grunting prehistoric man trying to figure out how to make a fire to keep his woman warm, or develop a wheel to cart his woman along because she is tired? I sure can. Now, lets not get into the drama of thinking "She was probably bitching and moaning that she was tired of being cold and sick of walking so far, so he did it to shut her the heck up!" I'm not even going there!!

Because while that may be the case, prehistoric man knew one thing. If his woman wasn't happy....neither was he...or any part of him. If you catch my drift.

Point being, romance is where it's at folks.

I know it's not everyone's favorite, and there are plenty of people not interested in the latest "craze", but it's whats selling right now. No doubt about that.

The other day my husband picked up a book I was reading and held it up saying, "Do you ever read a book that's not about romance?" The book was this....

My first thought was to defend myself and explain. Like, romance was beneath me. I stopped. I thought of all of the amazingly written books out there that run the gamut of romance. From chaste kisses to...well, more. And I answered him honestly. "Nope, not if I can help it."
 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs