Monday, February 7, 2011

State of the WIP- and a little emotion

clocking in at 11,048. Awesome. Things are coming along nicely, but I'm going to get serious for a minute.

Is anyone else out there scared to write sometimes?

Do some manuscripts just seem to awesome. (I know, I know) but yes??? The idea in your head is developing into the most amazing thing you could ever think of. You are on a roll, every time you get in the car and turn on the radio you are inspired. Characters in your mind are so mufti dimensional there is NO. WAY. you could ever do the idea in your head justice?

Hello? Hello?

I'm a perfectionist. I struggle with a first draft. I don't do first draft well. It mocks me.

I want to spew final draft onto the page perfect, and ready to query. The END.

Now, whilst you laugh in my face stop and listen. I'm not stupid. I know this is ridiculous and my logical mind tells me that this is not the way it works...for almost anyone. Who knows? BUT, I get frustrated with myself. Maybe it's because I haven't been doing this long enough. Maybe it's because I just need to force myself to work everyday and plow thru until I overcome this problem.

Now, don't get me wrong. When I do write and even when I read something later I don't cry when I realize it needs some work. I'm always OK. And often I'm pleasantly surprised and satisfied with myself....but often I hesitate to write certain scenes because at least while they are playing out in my head...(sometimes for years!!!) THEY ARE THE BOMB!!! If I write them, they may crumble and wilter, and die.

Please tell me I'm not alone. And yes, my husband does accuse me of the over dramatics!
 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs