Saturday, January 22, 2011

How do you read??




A few months back I was just a reader. I read for enjoyment...a LOT! I knew when I liked a book. I knew when the writing didn't flow well. I knew when it seemed effortless.

But still, I was just a reader.


A few months back I joined a critique group. I haven't been that many times and it has changed everything. I read differently now.

I read like a writer.

I didn't realize how much I had learned in this short period of time until recently. I started a new YA series and I have been scrutinizing it hard. The mechanics, the word choice, the flow. It's not necessarily distracting...I'm still enjoying it for the most part but I do notice things that I wouldn't have noticed before. Sometimes it bugs me.

Am I alone?? discuss.
 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs