Thursday, March 15, 2012

Flinging paint...and words!

The lack of posts this week is for good reason.

We're painting the inside of our house. (blech) Let me put things into perspective for you. Our house isn't huge or anything, but it has an open floor plan with two story ceilings in a large area. The "open" part of the house includes the kitchen, dining room, hallway, atrium type thing, and two living areas. Oh gosh, my arms hurt. We only have one section done.

The trickiest part of this is the "my husband and I together" part. We love each other very much, however, we don't really work well on projects together. Ironically, we met working together!! But, times have changed. The sweet things that were charming (my carefree ways and smart mouth) and admirable (his intense attention to detail and bossiness) back then, probably fueling our burning sexual tension are of course now eye roll inducing, annoying traits. Such is 10 years of marriage. 

The good thing is that after the colorful words and dramatic sighs are over, we stand back, arms around each other and say "we did a good job". And it's all worth it.

I've missed writing the last few days, but painting gives me a lot of thinking time, so all is not wasted.

Hope you're having a good week!! :)

 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs