Friday, March 11, 2011

Tweet? Necessary, or don't go there.



I have never had a desire to open a twitter account. Ever.

Until recently.

It's not at all that I have a desire to have  my opinion or daily activity out in the universe, it's pretty much just because I feel like I should.

Which is why this is an issue for me. I don't dig peer pressure. It makes me feel weak, it stresses me out. I almost don't want to Twitter because I do feel like I should. Isn't that ridiculous? I also know myself. I don't want to add another "thing". Know what I mean? It's hard enough to write, blog, facebook, email, oh yea and I also work and have 3 kids. Oh and a house, and a husband. Those are kind of important.

So my question is this. Is it really necessary, as a writer, to be on twitter? Do you twitter? Do you feel you benefit from it? Does the good out weight the bad? And by bad, I think you know what I mean. Addiction, distraction, obsession.

Please weigh in on this.

 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs