Saturday, January 19, 2013

Let's Get Organized

I'm as guilty as the next person for setting lofty goals at the start of a new year, new semester, or new week for that matter. Starting fresh feels good. It feel's productive and it's full of possibility. The writerly/creative type seem to take this to another level. We like to buy new pens, notebooks, calendars, and organizing accoutrements. I mean, how intense is your happiness when you hit the office supply aisle at Target?!

Despite my not-so-cosistent track record, I'm doing it again. I'm making a plan for posting on this blog along with my critique group.We have deemed this year, our Year of Social Media. We plan to master it, or at the very least improve or online presence and platform. Part of that being our blog. So, we bring you....

 

How it Works:

  1. Sign up on the Linky at the bottom of this post.

    *And then create a 4-6 week editorial calendar (here’s a cool template).*

    If you post more than once a week, feel free to cut this time-frame in half. Unless, you’re up for the challenge.
  2. Publish the schedule to your blog on February 21st

    As with exercising, people tend to stick to goals when they’re held accountable.
  3. Tag three bloggers, and invite them to make their own schedule.

    How many times have you, or another blog you read said something like "i'm going to start blogging more", or "I'm sorry I've been so inconsistent". It happens to us all. Life gets busy, but with a plan, we may be able to prevent these lags that plague us. I sat this morning and made my calendar, and it was actually pretty fun. It has made me excited about blogging. I'm excited to see what you all have in store for your own blogs! :) 
 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs