Friday, October 19, 2012

September/October Reads

Once again, I'm in the thick of it. Crazy Fall Portrait Season. This year it's also Crazy Fall Wedding Season. A wedding every Saturday until the second weekend of November.

In a way, it's been good. This fall I'm querying, and as anyone who has queried knows...it's good to have something to take your mind off of waiting. Waiting is hard.

Just thought I'd check in and offer up some reading recommendations. I'm not going to give a lot of info, just know that if the book is in the post, I think it's worth reading! ;)


TIGER LILY, by Jodi Lynn Anderson

This took me a couple of chapters to get into it, but once I did, I was in LOVE!!! A beautiful, beautiful read.





JELLICOE ROAD (Or On the Jellicoe Road) by Melina Marchetta

Don't give up in the beginning, it's worth it. It will all come together. There were many things about this book that reminded me of the novel I'm currently querying. Of course, that meant I love it, because I write things I love.



OUTPOST by Ann Aguirre

I LOVE THIS SERIES, and if possible I might have loved this one a little more than the first. Hmm. I don't know, just read this one and the first one, ENCLAVE.




GRAVE MERCY by Robin LaFevers

I really enjoyed this, and it was an auto pick because we love Robin in our house. (little boys love the Nathaniel Fludd series.) I will definitely be reading book two.



 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs