Wednesday, September 7, 2011

All right Stop, Collaberate and Listen....

I'm sorry about that. My only excuse is that the DJ at Saturdays wedding played that song (?) and I have NOT been able to get it out of my head. I've sang that line to my poor dog about 10 times since Saturday. It's not pretty. (Don't even pretend you didn't know EXACTLY where that line came from peeps!)

Moving on.

I've learned a few things these past 48 DAYS THAT I HAVE NOT BEEN READING. I'd like to share them with you.

1. It's confirmed. I read too much. Yes, I really do. The past few weeks I have had so much time vacant it's unbelievable. Have I filled that vacant time with writing? NO. We'll get to that later.

2. One addiction is cured by replacing it with another. One word. Pinterest.

3. I enjoy other things besides reading. I rediscovered other sides of myself long forgotten.

4. I get a lot more sleep when I don't read. No surprise.

5. Setting unobtainable goals does not help, it is detrimental. It creates, at least for me, a viscous cycle of failure, self loathing, and avoidance. Not good.

6. Linking my ability to read with my writing is just straight up dumb. I can't write without reading. The longer I went without reading, the less I wanted to write. It was like telling a runner, "You can't wear you fancy running shoes until you can run a 10K!". It was a stupid mistake. I shall never make it again.

7. I do have the ability to NOT read if necessary. This surprised me. I am stronger than I realized.

8. I will be reading soon. Maybe tonight, maybe this weekend. But soon.

In the meantime, I will be frying MC's like a pound of bacon.
 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs