Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Birthday Gift from ME! :)

This weekend is my birthday. *sigh* Fun, but also...suck. Because I HATE getting older. I'll be 34!


Soooo, for the weekends celebrations (my aging and Easter), I'm going to make THE BEST DESSERT EVER! Really, truly, the best. And I was never really a fan of this particular dessert in it's general form, I'll still pass it up in a restaurant usually. But this particular recipe has a certain addition that makes it awesome, and if there is one thing I can do well....it's bake something yummy! If I make this cake for my husband, he is the happiest person on earth.

Sooo, if you're looking for the perfect Easter dessert...here you go! :)


CHOCOLATE CHIP CARROT CAKE

1 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 cups cake flour OR 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups finely grated carrots
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
6 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of coconut

Cream the sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, soda and cinnamon. (I never sift! I just add) Fold in carrotsw, nuts, chocolate chips and coconut. Bake in greased and floured pan @350 for 20-25 minutes. (Depending on type of pan, you can use a 9x13 or a couple of 8 or 9' rounds.) It does get somewhat dark and will pull away from the sides. Test with knife etc.

ICING
1 8oz package of cream cheese at room temp
1/4 cup of butter softened
One 1 pound box of powdered sugar...OR half of a bag.
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix cream cheese and butter, mix in vanilla and sugar. Frost cake when cooled. 


 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs