Monday, September 10, 2012

I Need Some Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the weather, the activities, the holidays, and of course the clothes. But most importantly, I love the food. Chili, soup, baked goods, crock pot recipes.

One of these I even broke out this weekend. It was so good, I thought I'd share it with you.


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

31/3 C flour
2 C sugar
2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Pie spice
2 Teaspoons baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
4 eggs
2 C plain pumpkin (tip, I just used one small can of pumpkin. It's close enough!)
1 C melted butter
1 Bag Mini semi sweet chocolate chips (I also think white would be delicious!!)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients (this includes the sugar) in large bowl. Set aside. In another bowl beat the eggs a little, then add the pumpkin and butter. Whisk together. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold together. Pour into greased baking pans.(warning, the batter is very thick. almost like cookie dough.)
Here is the best part. This makes a lot of batter so you can mix it up. You can put it in a bundt pan (bake for about an hour and 15 min), large loaves (bake for 40-45 minutes), small pans (bake for about 30 minutes), or muffins (bake for 20-25 minutes). Of course all of these times are approximate, I just did it until a knife came out clean. you would NOT want to over bake this...so don't leave it! My favorite is small loaves and this will make about seven. 
 
© My Writing Blog
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Damask Pattern By Sassy Designs